Monday, January 7, 2013

Taco Salad

When people think of eating healthy it seems like they automatically think of salads, that salads are "diet food." While this may be true, salads can also be amazingly delicious and amazingly fattening if you don't know what is going in it. The dressing, that is the real killer. I must say, if I am going to have "just a salad" then you can bet that I'm gonna have some kind of delicious dressing on that salad - and a lot of it. Well, I figured out how to cheat the dressing gods and have a delicious full fat dressing that coats my entire salad without spending my entire booty of WW points on it. Forge ahead to find out how.

Taco Salad:
8p+ for 1 MASSIVE serving.

2C chopped romaine
1/2C spinach
1/2C grape tomatoes
10 large olives, sliced
1/4C shredded carrot
1/4C chopped bell peppers
1/3C kidney beans
2T Fresh Gourmet tortilla strips, santa fe style
2T ranch (made from a hidden valley packet)
2T salsa

Throw everything from romaine to tortilla strips in a bowl and call it macaroni. Acutally don't, that could be confusing. Call it taco salad! My taco salad is sans meat, I get protein from the kindey beans so that is good enough for me. It wasn't worth the extra points for taco meat on here. Ground turkey cooked in taco seasoning might be a good compromise. I'll let you decide.

Right, the dressing.

Don't put the salsa in the salad then add the ranch. No. You must mix the ranch and the salsa in a separate container, then pour it over and toss. This makes the ranch go so much futher and more evenly distributes over the ginornmous salad. It's salad science really.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment